

The forecast for the next few days was hot, hot, hot so we planned to go to Ile Aux Cerfs (Deer Island), the one place the both of us HAD to see. It is an island located off the east coast of Mauritius. A quick boat ride will get you there. Ile Aux Cerfs has an extremely shallow lagoon (between 2 inches at its lowest and 4 feet at its highest) that is perfect for lazing in...all day. Fish will swim right around you- no need for snorkel or scuba gear! Its probably the most gorgeous place Dan and I have seen.

We also spent time locating the clinic where Dan was born. When I heard the world clinic, I always thought of a walk in type place, but it was a fully operating hospital with a great obstetrician.
Another highlight was the Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Gardens. This garden has a large variety of plants, trees, flowers and animals from all over the world. We saw things like- sausage trees, various different palm trees, spice trees, and my favorite, giant Amazonian lily pads. They were bigger than I had imagined. They were about the size of a kiddie pool!

Can't forget about a few shopping trips. One of the main industries in Mauritius is textiles, so there are many shops where you can get clothing that will be sold at Gap, Banana Republic, Ralph Lauren etc. stores for cheaper.
No comments:
Post a Comment