Sunday, May 02, 2010

Bedrest

The past 10.5 days have gone by s-l-o-w-l-y for me. I visited my midwife on April 22nd and after her checking the baby's heart rate etc. she noticed that I was contracting. Well, this was news to me, I had no idea! There were a few other concerning symptoms, so she advised me to go on bedrest. She had just squeezed me into her schedule, so I didn't have much time with her; I left rather confused! I think I was more in shock. I was one day away from being 28 weeks...too early to have this baby!
Thankfully my midwife was mostly being cautious. She knows our family history of having babies early and fast. 
So, here I am at 29 weeks and 1 day. I am feeling much better and am having a lot less contractions. That's what that tightness was! :) I am to be on bedrest until next Saturday when I reach 30 weeks and then we'll go from there. 
Dan is doing an amazing job at taking over all the cooking, cleaning, shopping etc. duties. We are also very appreciative of the support we've received-emails, baking, books, DVDs, visits etc.

No comments: