So, I made it! 63.87 kilometers to Hixon, and not a kilometer more. There was 11 of us in total that made the trek. Gorgeous day, not too much traffic and a great friend to ride with made it a very enjoyable day...well, at least the first 50 kms.
We stopped shortly after the first big hill out of town near the airport to remember Bill Cram. His memorial is a small white cross on the side of the highway.Off again. Next stop, Red Rock! I had in mind that the ride was 50kms...I was doing well, until I saw the road sign a few clicks after 50 kms that Hixon was still another 13 kms to go. Yikes! Who knew there were so many hills to Hixon?! I ended up getting a bit behind from the pack, but thankfully my ultra supportive husband was there in Leah's Golf following me and cheering me on. I'm not sure I would have made it without him!
Eventually after the ONE downhill part of the ride into Hixon and past the construction zone, I had made it...we all had! Physically I felt good, other than my lower back and hips. We stopped shortly in Hixon (to stretch and put the bikes on the rack) while the rest of the group ate lunch. They had another 50+ kms to go. Dan and I had a wedding to get to..and ended up only having 45 minutes from the time we got home to get ready and get to the wedding!
1 comment:
How are you feeling the day after? Now you will have to the trip from here to Jasper. Next year!!
Post a Comment