Saturday, October 25, 2008

Toot Toot

Can I toot my own horn? Yesterday, I reached my goal of biking 600 km's! Dan and I bought new bikes in July after borrowing our friends bikes and discovered how awful ours really were. We spent a lot of summer nights biking around PG together. Shortly after, I got really into biking, purchased a bike computer, and decided I was going to bike 600 kilometers by October 31st. Most people laughed at me and said it couldnt be done. I was foolish and listened to them and changed my goal to 500 km's. I was thinking that I had until the snow started to fall which is traditionally Halloween. I forgot how bitterly cold it can get before then! We have had an amazing fall in PG and I surpassed my goal of 500 km's weeks ago. Yesterday, I was determined to reach my goal, so I got out there in the wind storm and rode until I saw the numbers click over to 600. I think I'm done biking outside for the year, BUT Dan and I bought an indoor bike trainer, so I can keep on biking all winter long! I hope to stay in shape and ride 118 km's to Quesnel next June.

1 comment:

Shannon Robinson Hodgins said...

Way to go Kris! I'm totally impressed.