I (Kristina) had 6 days off work over the Thanksgiving Day holiday. The annual teacher's convention takes place in Abbotsford and so the school shuts down, the teacher's go down to the convention, and everyone else gets an extended holiday. I spent the first few days catching up on life and connecting with friends.
We took off to Fort St. James for the weekend to spend time with the Duncans. Its beginning to become a bit of a tradition to spend Thanksgiving with them since the Nelson's are always down south for the holiday/conference. We had a lovely visit and enjoyed getting away from the busyness of home.
On Monday Alicia helped me through making my first "turkey". We cooked a 8lb free range chicken and it turned out great! We had all the trimmings plus my "famous" pumpkin tiramisu. Mmm. 


I always find Thanksgiving and Christmas overwhelming to take in. I always feel "heavy" afterwards, and not just from the meal! I find it hard to be truly thankful, when we have so much. I am so thankful that I live such a blessed life, have a great husband, family, friends, and relationship with God, but its hard to feel good, when others have so little. I dunno, just something I've been wrestling with these last few days.
1 comment:
and a great brother in law (times 3 at least)
I feel the same sometimes....
I am glad also that I have cooked more turkeys than you.
This year ours was called Pablo el Pavo
Post a Comment