Sunday, August 31, 2008

Whoa Baby

I cannot believe its back to school time again! The summer went by so quickly, and another school year is about to begin. I love this time of year; a fresh start.

Dan and I decided to stay home for the long weekend. The weather in Kelowna didn't look very promising and we both have felt overwhelmed at work and needed a chance to relax at home and not spend 15+ hours in the car.

We helped our friends Steve and Catherine move onto our street (!), finished a bunch of well overdue house projects and spent some money on a few unexpected items. One being our computer monitor that caught on fire on Saturday night! I guess I really do spend too much time on the internet... Shane and Alicia had a bit of excitement in their house over the weekend. Sam jumped off his changing table and Daddy wasn't there to catch him! The little guy fractured his tibia. This picture just cracks me up.We thought we had eventful days, and joked that we sure hoped Shalene was ok. Well, Shalene went into labour that night (at 32 weeks) and delivered a baby boy- Cole Bennett Reimer this morning at 4:15am. He was 3 lbs 9 oz and is doing pretty well! He was born, obviously as a surprise in Kelowna. We hope to visit with them next weekend. They are currently waiting for a bed a BCCH.

1 comment:

Julia F said...

Holy smokes! What a weekend! That pic of Sam is really cute (although sad that he broke his leg!), and I'm glad to hear that baby Cole is doing well!