My birthday has come and gone. Typically I am all about birthdays, but this year I was anything but excited. Not sure if I was just in a sleep deprived fog or if it was because this is the first birthday I've felt kinda "old", but thankfully I snapped out of it. My birthday was fantastic! Dan made an entire dinner for me and our friends. It was very impressive...especially the dessert- whipped vanilla bean cheesecake with raspberry coulis and dark chocolate sauce. YUM. Naomi's gift to me was two nights of her sleeping through the night. So nice!
My actual birthday was quiet- family lunch out, subtitled movie, more cheesecake...lovely.
What made the day so fantastic was being flooded with cards, phone calls, messages and visits from family and friends -being "surrounded" by the people I love. Before it was about big plans and gifts.
Today is a big day-Naomi's 3 month "birthday". She is getting to be such a big girl. We are enjoying every moment with her. She recognizes Dan and I, is so smiley, grabs at her toys and is cooing. Fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment