Monday, September 06, 2010

Food

I find baking and cooking therapeutic. If you know my family, we all love baking. We all "read" cookbooks for fun. :)  It was frustrating for me being on bed rest and not being able to do what I love and then once I had Naomi, there just hasn't been time or I don't have the energy.This weekend we have been cooking and baking all weekend long. :)
My sister became a member of America's Test Kitchen last year- a tv show, magazine, test kitchen that tests recipes again and again until they make a "bad" recipe the right way. I loved the idea, and I do get a lot of recipes off the internet, but its just not the same as leafing through a new cookbook and so I forgot about ATK.
The other day my friend Leah shows me this magazine...America's Test Kitchen! They make cookbooks and magazines! I borrowed her magazine and have made three of the recipes this weekend. They were all DELICIOUS.

This spinach lasagna was perfectly rich, yet lower in fat than a typical classic Italian recipe. Yum!

1 comment:

Shane said...

Oh my goodness. I'm sitting here cuddling with Chloe and looking at your blog for videos of Naomi (her request) when we got to this post. Sam is watching too and I just said "Doesn't that lasagne look delicious"? He just stuck out his tongue. He still remembers!