Thursday, January 28, 2010

Flower Power

January is always a dreary month to me. The Christmas decorations come down and then what? No holiday to look forward to or many ways to make your home look brighter.

The other day I received some gerberas from a student at the school I work at and these flowers will NOT die! I've had them for over 3 weeks now. Typically I stay away from buying gerberas because I buy them, bring them home and they droop the next day and break at the stem. I didn't even put anything in the water...and I haven't really changed the water yet either. Oops! Maybe thats the trick?!
I also received some beautiful tulips from my in-laws while they were visiting and they are just starting so come up out of the leaves. Beautiful. My home is looking much more cheery these days!

No comments: