Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meatbulbs

Shalene passed this recipe along to me. The meatballs were fantastic! Dan is a meatball-hater and even he liked them. Thought I would share the recipe:
HONEY GARLIC MEATBALLS
INGREDIENTS• 2 eggs• 3/4 cup milk• 1 cup dry bread crumbs• 1/2 cup finely chopped onion• 2 teaspoons salt• 2 pounds ground beef
• 4 garlic cloves, minced• 1 tablespoon butter• 3/4 cup ketchup• 1/2 cup honey• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
DIRECTIONS1. In a large bowl combine eggs and milk. Add the bread crumbs, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the ketchup, honey and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain meatballs; add to sauce. Carefully stir to evenly coat. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
*I made half the meatball recipe, but made the full recipe of sauce.

4 comments:

Mr. Nelson said...

That looks very good! Did you serve it with rice or something else? I'm not a lover of meatballs either but I'm sure the rest of the family would LOVE it!

Mr. Nelson said...

BTW, where's the photo? You always take pictures of your culinary creations!

DKScott said...

I forgot! We were sooooo hungry.
I served with rice. Mmmm. They are even better leftover.

Mr. Nelson said...

I made this tonight. It was a hit...especially with the men of the family :) Thanks for the recipe!