Dan and I took off to Vancouver last weekend for the Olympics. We had tickets for the men's moguls skiing on Valentine's Day which we had bought over a year ago. We were wondering if we should even drive down with the threats the media put out about the event perhaps being postponed due to rain and lack of snow. We went anyways.
Dan's brother Stephen and cousin Jonathan accompanied us to the event. We got to watch the qualifications and then had a two hour break in which I sat in the cold slush and saved our spot and the boys traded off in the food line up...which took TWO hours to get some pizza and coffee! The afternoon ended with the finals. Apparently all those months ago we chose the right event! Alex Bilodeau took the gold medal...the first gold medal won by a Canadian on home soil. The crowd went NUTS and I can honestly say, I have never felt so patriotic.



No comments:
Post a Comment