Thursday, December 15, 2005

working on the homestead

I'm currently on my month off from Canfor. It's very strange that they insist on giving me time off when there is a ton of work to be done right now, and they are short staffed in the Harvesting department, but hey they have budgets to follow and targets to meet. They couldn't possible keep me on when I would be fully busy because then I'd be there for a full year and have to be given benefits! Imagine treating your employees like every other business and giving benefits. Good thing I'm not bitter at all about it! At least an 11 month temp is actually a temp possition, I could be a 12 month temp that's been a temp for 6 years straight (how is that temporary employment????????) Anyways, enough ranting about work.
Owning a house make me appriciate time off work even more. There are so many little things to be done (touch-up painting, buidling shelves, cleaning, organizing, laundry, fixing things.....) that need doing that it's nice to have a week off before our trip to get things done around the house.

The nicest thing is that I can get ready for Hawaiii. There's nothing like having a vacation before your vacation to fully relax yourself! I do need the break though, I haven't had time off since last christmas, not even an extra day added onto a long weekend! (actually I had one day added to make a long weekend back in July) I better recharge my batteries cause I don't think that there will be another holiday until next december! Welcome to the rat race.

enough ranting for now

No comments: